PathTrak is a live GPS tracking system for patient specimens and samples. Using ‘track and trace’ and barcode scanning technology, PathTrak provides you with a live GPS position throughout the transportation process of your specimen, along with a full electronic time, date and location stamped audit trail.
PathTrak allows you to:
- Achieve specimen security throughout the logistics process with leading-edge GPS tracking
- Fully integrate with your LIMS and Order-communications systems
- Eliminate mis-deliveries of specimens due to barcode scanning technology
- Manage your workloads more effectively as you drip feed samples in the lab using lean processes
- Meet your regulatory and quality targets
How it works
- Our GMP trained courier arrives at the surgery or clinic to collect the patient specimen. On arrival the courier scans an on-site barcode using a handheld device and then 'scans in' the patient specimens by batch or individually.
- This process is followed at each location. The location barcode at each surgery or clinic ensures specimens are collected from the correct location.
- On arrival at the laboratory, the courier scans the on-site location barcode and 'scans-out' the specimens to provide Proof of Delivery (POD) and arrival time.
- You can check the collections and deliveries using a secure web-based PathTrak dashboard which provides real-time GPS locations.